Got a Confidential Tip for Variety?
Do you have the next big story? Want to share it with Variety? We want to hear it.
Our submission form is completely confidential. Your name and email are not required to submit, but the strongest news tips include suggestions on how to obtain documentation or evidence that would substantiate the story.
Messages are reviewed regularly, but we cannot promise an individual response.
Ways to Provide News Tips
Send an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send obituaries to this email: obituaries.
Scroll through our About Us page to find a specific reporter or editor.
- Los Angeles:
11175 Santa Monica Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025
- New York:
475 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10017
- London – Mail:
Daily Variety Media Limited
11 Golden Square
London W1F 9JB
Steps You Can Take to Stay Anonymous
- Don’t contact us from your home or work computer or internet connection. Use a public wi-fi network in an area where your screen is not visible to security cameras.
- Use separate accounts from the ones you usually use for email, Google, social media, etc. for contact and browsing activity related to your tip. Consider downloading Tor browser and using a secure operating system like Tails.
- Avoid personal communication with us via email, phone or social media. Someone investigating a leak may be able to discover you by tracing your habits.
- Delete everything. Erase documents, web history, messages, proof of contact, do not keep trails of communication or activity anywhere that is normally accessible.
- Don’t tell anyone that you’re a source.